Networking, experience, and having access to the right information are keys to success in any field, especially in the continually expanding and evolving nonprofit sector. In our effort to help build a stronger nonprofit community we have gathered some resources that every nonprofit professional and advocate should have access to.
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management – Professional association of individuals and organizations devoted to improving the management and governance capacity of nonprofits.
- Charity Channel – a leading source of original articles and book reviews that are down-to-earth, practical, and relevant to the day-to-day challenges of in-the-trenches nonprofit professionals.
- Council on Foundations – Defining Philanthropy for the 21st Century.
- Foundation Center – The Foundation Center's mission is to strengthen the nonprofit sector by advancing knowledge about U.S. philanthropy.
- Giving Institute – Educating and engaging members in the ethical delivery of counsel and related services to non-profits through research, advocacy, and best practices.
- Grant Writing Tips - A list of tips to help you write grant proposals.
- GuideStar – Revolutionizing philanthropy and nonprofit practice by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourages charitable giving.
- How To Guide To Non-Profits - A guide to help 501(c)3 understand the particularities of being a non-profit.
- Idealist.org – Bringing people and organizations together to exchange resources and ideas, locate opportunities and supporters, and take steps toward building a better world.
- IRS: Information for Charities & Nonprofits – Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits
- Media Genesis - A Midwestern Web agency, serving over 300 companies and non-profit organizations in the United States and abroad.
- Michigan Nonprofit Association – Premier organization advancing the nonprofit sector in Michigan.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics – The national clearinghouse of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States.
- National Council of Nonprofit Associations – Your national voice in the legislature and media with a state focus on nonprofit issues, helping you create local impact.
- Network for Good – Technology resources for nonprofits: fundraising, volunteers, reports.
- NEW: Nonprofit Enterprise at Work – NEW helps nonprofits in southeast Michigan do more with less.
- Students Consulting for Non-profit Organization – Entirely student-run consulting organization that offers strategic consulting for non-profit organizations.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy – The Newspaper of the Nonprofit World.
- The Law Firm for Nonprofits – A leading law firm exclusively serving the legal needs of nonprofit and other tax-exempt organizations.
- The Urban Institute – Nonpartisan economic and social policy research.
Troy Chamber of Commerce
“We are pleased that we are now able to offer more complete information that our members and prospects can access 24/7 (and it's easier to find everything on this site). Adding the online registration portion of the site has been extremely beneficial and having the ability to update our own calendar as necessary is a great option that MediaG has afforded us. We were looking for a future-focused design for the site and MediaG did not disappoint...”
– Jody House, Vice President